What is the mentoring program?
The mentoring program aims to help NGOs develop successful urban refugee programs by matching organisations with identified good practices (mentors) with organisations willing to replicate them (mentee). We serve as an intermediary, identifying suitable organizations and facilitating ongoing communications until good practices are replicated.
How does it work?
The following process will be used for each replication:
- Introduction of the mentor and the mentee by email
- Skype calls organized every month between the mentor and the menthe
- Close follow-up with the mentee and ongoing communication maintained between the two organizations
- Advertising on social media, on the website and within the community about the successful replication
- Delivery of rewards or gifts won by mentor or mentee
- Close follow up post mentoring to measure impact
What are the benefits of becoming a mentor?
Mentors are rewarded when they successfully they mentor another member of our community. Gifts include, for example, a 2 hour sessions on social media management, best practice in crowd funding or media outreach.
Mentors are also rewarded with badges: golden, silver or bronze ‘mentor’ badges. These achievements will be displayed on our blog.